Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:23:28 +0200
From:      messmate <messmate@free.fr>
To:        John Mills <john.m.mills@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions-en <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: connecting to internet

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:14:46 -0400 (EDT)
John Mills <jmmills@telocity.com> wrote:

| Hello -
|
| On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, messmate wrote:
| > I can connect without any pb with Linux.
|
| Well, that's a little more information, but not much. What kind of
| connection do you actually get in Linux? How is the network
| configured? What supported ISDN card are you using?

The isdn card is a ELSA microlink PCI
No problem, she's recognized by FreeBSD.
My network card is a D-LINK-530TX fast ethernet, is recognized on vr0 and have the right rhine version A1. (internal)

| If you know how the network connection is configured in Linux, I suppose
| it will be fairly easy to duplicate in FreeBSD.
|
| When your FreeBSD system starts, do you see a message that the ISDN card
| was recognized?
Yes she is.|

| When I wrote you I was suggesting that you tell the group a little more
| about your system, what you had tried, and what were the results.
Well, I tried isdnd with the sidn install from ISDN4BSD and configured my kernel without any error.
The devices are activated at boottime.
I tried also ppp utilising several examples from the doc and the defaults.
The isdn card is installed in this workstation.
Checked /etc/host; etc/resolve.conf; rc.conf; isdn.rc;ppp.conf/link; and all what I could find in the doc.
Without any succes.
So I'm at the end of my latin -:)