Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:03:54 -0700
From:      Dave Young <dave@boldfish.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Simple Samba Question(?)

from years ago when I was setting this up and before samba supported encrypted auth, the registry change on the windows machines was to let the windows redirector send passwords *in* clear text as anything after win95b would only send encrypted auth info. If you setup the samba server to deal w/ encrypted passwords, you shouldn't need to change anything on the windows machines..

I do see one snippet about an XP machine in a domain:

REGEDIT4

;
; This registry key (gathered from the Samba-tng lists) is needed
; for a Windows XP client to join and logon to a Samba domain

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netlogon\parameters
"RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000000

hth,

Dave