Date:      Sat, 09 Aug 2014 22:12:47 +0100
From:      Jamie Griffin <griffin8j@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   seriously hacked off!! Re: pkg upgrade failed again

On 09/08/2014 20:48, Jamie Griffin wrote:
> Just waited 9 hours for all the new packages to download to find this
> happens:
>
> Checking for upgrades: 100%
> Assertion failed: (var == elt->var), function pkg_solve_sat_problem,
> file pkg_solve.c, line 508.
> Child process pid=5148 terminated abnormally: Abort trap
>
> When with a problematic package qt4-qtestlib conflicting with
> qt4-testlib, pkg upgraded itself to 1.3.3 first, I thought the solver
> was supposed to sort things like this?
Once again pkg has completely f**ked up my packages and i'll have to
remove everything and start over. That's the second time in as many
months. Why are these things released when they cause so many problems
for people. I actually dread upgrading FreeBSD now because I know it's
going to involve stress.

Thanks.