Date:      Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:04:43 -0400
From:      Mark <mark@monmouth.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Connectivy Loss -Problems

Hello,

I am running FreeBSD 3.4 with SMP enabled.
This machine for no apparent reason loses connectivity to the network.
I have replaced the network card (3Com 3c905B-TX Fast Etherlink XL), the
Cat5 cable and also changed
ports on the Cisco Cat1900 it is plugged into. Nothing seemed to fix the
problem. The loss can range from 1 minute to 15 minutes and there is no pattern
of when it is going to happen. (screen saver or apm is not enabled)
Any recommendations on tools that can help me figure this out? I do not
have the honor of being at the console (to see if the machine itself locks
up) on a regular basis so if there is a tool that can log, it would be
great. Any info you might need to help you help me, let me know.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark