Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 17:31:15 -0800
From:      Marc Wandschneider <MarcW@Lanfear.com>
To:        'Colin Campbell' <sgcccdc@citec.qld.gov.au>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: SCSI v IDE

	SCSI disks still tend to be faster on spin speeds and access
times.  up to 10k for SCSI vs like 7200 for IDES (and I still think that
most of the latter are 5400)

	As far as I'm aware, the UDMA and all that jazz that IDE drives
do still isn't as good as what SCSI does -- ie. you're still going to
get better multitasking, especially on an Un*x operating system out of a
SCSI disk.

	of course, my knowledge might be way out of whack here ....

	marc.