Date:      Tue, 04 May 1999 08:18:12 CDT
From:      Kent Vander Velden <graphix@iastate.edu>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What has happened to FreeBSD?

>It's funny, my 3.1-STABLE system has performed flawlessly since its
>birthday in mid-May.  It's been rebooted for new kernels and for a disk
>installation, but has never crashed.  Is the stability of the system so
>dependent on the hardware?  Mine is not unusual.  Was your system
>upgraded to 3.x from 2.2.x?

  The system was changed over from -CURRENT earlier this year.
Ironicly the change was done to have a more stable system.  At that
time I had to deal with the change to ELF and installation of new a
loader.  Anyway, does anyone have a suggestion on the bootblock
problem?  As it is now the FreeBSD partition is dead since when I try
to load FreeBSD and the machine reboots before seeing any signs of
FreeBSD.

  Thanks.

---
Kent Vander Velden