Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:54:49 -0500
From:      "Bob Johnson" <fbsdlists@gmail.com>
To:        "Tom Rhodes" <trhodes@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/128804: Gmirror handbook instructions convert boot-drive to gmirror, truncating last sector

The user has no control over whether the last sector of the drive is
used for data. Data is scattered all over the drive, in something that
resembles a random fashion, and I know of no reason the last sector is
not just as likely to have data stored to it as any other sector on
the drive (but I am certainly not an authority on the filesystem
algorithms).

I think a warning is very much in order (that there is a small chance
that data will be lost by this procedure).

- Bob