Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:44:26 -0000
From:      Alex Knowles <alex@targeting.co.uk>
To:        "Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Some problems with ports

Sorry to post a repeat post, but I'm having the same problem as nick popoff,
I have installed apache 1.3 from the ports collection on my Freebsd 3.0
system and Whenever I try to start Apache, I get the following message:

Local pakcage initialization:Syntax error on line 26 of
/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_mime_magic.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_mime_magic.so: Undefined symbol
"ap_make_sub_pool"

That line is:

LoadModule mime_magic_module	libexec/apache/mod_mime_magic.so

I have also installed enlightenment from the ports collection on an ftp
site, it compiles and runs fine, however whenever I try and run the
configuration tool inside it perl5 dumps the core with a message about a
floating point error.  any ideas?

thanks alot in advance
al
p.s. you can also mail me on the FreeBSD box (which i'm now working on most
of the time!) at

ak01@ben.new-mediacom.co.uk