Date:      Thu, 27 May 2004 12:09:07 +0100
From:      Steve Roome <stephen_roome@pepcross.com>
To:        Gao Long <urgaolong@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dancing with the daemon

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 03:07:06PM +0100, Gao Long wrote:
> There are still some things to do to accomplish it , it there any one who
>
> is already doing it ? Or could I get any kind of suggestions ?

I wrote a syscons screensaver before by hacking up a new loadable module
which drew what I wanted on the screen. It's asking for trouble though,
surely this isn't stuff to put in the kernel, or even a module.

A better approach would be to pull the damn modules out of the kernel
and have one module that hands console output (vgl perhaps)
to a userland program.

If you can put up with a just after boot movie player then that would be
far easier and more sensible than having an in kernel movie player.

You could have a boot splash that says "Loading Movie Player", and then
when everything is up and running go from there in userland.

In my humble opinion etc. etc.

	Steve Roome