Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:45:09 -0600
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        "James W. Jones, Jr." <jjrjbsl@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd CDROM ??

> Where can I obtain/purchase a stable release of freebsd? Price?
> Telephone?  email?  I don't want to go through the trouble of a
> download.

http://www.wccdrom.com/titles/freebsd/bsd-a.phtml

The most recent stable, 4-CD set (FreeBSD 4.2) is US$39.95.  It's
cheaper if you subscribe.

> What release can i use on a 286, 4MB ram?

None.  FreeBSD requires at least a 386.  Full hardware compatibility
lists can be found at www.freebsd.org.

> What release can i use on a 200Mhz pentium pro double processor and
> 512 MB ram?

Any, provided your other hardware isn't unbelievably weird.  See the
compatibility lists at www.freebsd.org.

Lucas