Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 98 16:45:25 -0800
From:      "Dan Baker"<dbaker@illuminetss7.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Digiboard multi-port card configuration

     Thnaks to Brian Somers, I have the Digiboard setup, but am now running
     into a new problem

     Whenever I try to dial out, tip core dumps without any error message.

     If I try to connect directly to the modem to dial manually, I type in
     ATDT (no carriage retun, just 4 characters) and get a response like:
     AAAAAAAAAATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATDATDATDATDATDATDATDATDA
     ERROR
     Then it pumps newlines to the console or terminal and refuses to
     respond to AT commands.
     In this mode, the TD and RD lights flash about 30fps (alternating, I
     think)
     The modems are multi-tech multi-modem 28.8
     They are connected to a digiboard 4 port PC/4e

     Here are the system details:
     FreeBSD 3.0-19980924(?)-BETA

     #Systems definitions
     system|name changed to protect confidentiality:pa=odd:du:pn=\@:\
             :el=^U^C^R^O^D^S^Q:ie=%$:oe=^D:tc=modem1:
     #Dial-up

     modem0|direct connect to modem:dv=/dev/cuaD00:br#28800:
     modem1|direct connect to modem:dv=/dev/cuaD01:br#28800:
     modem2|direct connect to modem:dv=/dev/cuaD02:br#28800:
     modem3|direct connect to modem:cu=/dev/cuaD03:br#28800:

     This has got me pretty well stymied. Any help would be appreciated

     dan Baker