Date:      Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:29:04 -0600
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        Freebsd-mono <freebsd-mono@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mono 4.4 update

Hey Guys,

My kids are camping with their grandparents so I've had a little time to play.

1) https://github.com/smortex/bsd-sharp - I tried building fsharp and
mono from Romains ports tree and both failed on me. I haven't drilled
in yet. This is just to let you know I'm looking at it.

2) https://github.com/radovanovic/monobsd - This is Ivans mono 4.4
branch called FreeBSD. After installing any missing pre-requisites
from pkg (including mono 4.2.3), I ran the following:

./autogen.sh --disable-dtrace
gmake
sudo gmake install

The build and install succeeded:

freebsd@do:/ % mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 4.4.0 (freebsd/03a047c Wed Jul 20 11:58:09 PDT 2016)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors.
www.mono-project.com
        TLS:           __thread
        SIGSEGV:       altstack
        Notification:  kqueue
        Architecture:  amd64
        Disabled:      none
        Misc:          softdebug
        LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
        GC:            sgen

I'll try out the FS tests asap. If they all pass then maybe i'll forgo
a pull request and just fork Ivans repo on the FreeBSD-DotNet site.

Oh, and I found this little tidbit:

https://github.com/monoBSD
monoBSD

All these worlds are yours, except Europa. Attempt no landing there.
Use them together. Use them in peace.

I loved that book. I may have to read it again.

Cheers Guys!

Russ