Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 1995 17:32:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      mikebo@tellab5 (Mike Borowiec)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   486 Laptop recommendations anyone?

Greetings -
I'm looking for recommendations for an inexpensive (not cheap ;v) laptop
that's known to run FreeBSD 2.x and XFree86. Most people I know running
UNIX on a laptop are Linux users, so I want to be sure drivers are out
there that will support the built-in display.

I'm looking for:
486DX2/66 minimum with 8-16MB RAM and >= 500MB hard disk.
3.5" floppy and PCMCIA slot(s) to support an ethernet and 28.8 modem.
I don't really care if it's mono or color, since most of the work I
do is text based anyhow... Thanks!
- Mike
Michael Borowiec        Network Operations      Tellabs Operations, Inc.
mikebo@TELLABS.COM                              1000 Remington Blvd. MS109
708-378-6007  FAX: 708-378-6714                 Bolingbrook, IL, USA 60440