Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 00:47:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        casper@acc.am (Casper)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Joliet file system?

> Can anyone give me some documents/description/standard of this file system ? I
> have the same proble and wonna try to hack a cd9660 module ...... I already
> analized dump of this FS , but there are a lot problems .....
>
> I'll we thankful if you send any docs/URLs :)

If you have access to the MSDN II Windows 95 SDK/DDK, it's in
the DOCS/JOLIET.DOC file (in Word format, of course).

I've discussed Joliet in rather more detail in other postings
(to -current).  Basically, you go to the last session on the
disk to identify a Joliet CDROM, and the name stuff is all in
Unicode.  I guess I can break out my Windows 95 developement
disk and boot a machine with an NCR controller with it if you
need more info.

The biggest thing you will need to do doesn't need the documentation:
support session switching on a cdrom device using an ioctl() that
can be called from kernel space within the FS against the device to
allow the FS code to do session-groping.

I've got some 3 year old code somewhere to do some of this, but
it would mean a lot of tape grovelling for me to find it... 8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.