Date:      Tue, 2 May 2017 07:48:33 -0300
From:      =?UTF-8?B?T3RhY8OtbGlv?= <otacilio.neto@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lock when building llvm37 on RPI3

Em 02/05/2017 07:16, tech-lists escreveu:
> On 02/05/2017 02:22, OtacĂ­lio wrote:
>> To those who are using ARM64, have you compiled large software like
>> llvm? I'm trying to compile llvm37 but, at first try, the system spent
>> more than an hour on [42/3588] when compiling llvm37 as a dependency of
>> webcamd. Then, I reset and it passed quickly from 42 and is now on
>> [148/3588]. I also faced two crashes when I was trying to do this for
>> ssh, but unfortunately I had no monitor connected to RPI3. I am using
>> head revision 317063.
> Hi,
>
> 1. did you install ccache first? It makes a really big difference. And
> then tell /etc/make.conf to use it?
> 2. have you mounted /usr/obj onto separate hardware, like a usb stick?
> 3. is /tmp also offloaded similarly?

Hello

1. No, I not installed ccache previously. Thank you by your hint.

2. Yes. I'm using a external USB hard disk (Seagate, 500 GB auto
powered).  /usr/obj /usr/ports and /usr/src is mounted there.

3. No. I will do it also.

Unhappily I was using a NODEBUG kernel and no hint about the deadlock
was printed. Maybe the deadlock can be caused by the micro SD HC card
used but I can not affirm.

I give another try and this time I got a kernel panic at
reclaim_pv_chunk http://imgur.com/XLiziq1