Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:39:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        David Yeske <dyeske@yahoo.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs -rbranch:date + val-tags

David Yeske wrote:
> I am working on getting cvs more usable so I don't have to worry about
> val-tags when I have read only media, and so I can do stuff like this.
>
> cvs update -rRELENG_4:2002/10/01
>
> cvs diff -rRELENG_4:2002/09/01 -rRELENG_4:2002/09/30
>
> I would appreciate any testing or feedback.  I have tested this some,
> but it probably has bugs.

Awesome! I've wanted to be able to do tags like '-rRELENG_4:2002/09/01'
for years..

Haven't tested your changes but the patch looks reasonable to me.

ISTR that the '-j' option allows some combinations of branch + date.
Are you aware of that? Does anything need to be rectified between
the '-j' stuff and your changes? Also, what do the CVS people think
of your patch?

Cheers,
-Archie