Date:      Mon, 30 May 2011 09:31:32 +0300
From:      pepe <plaine@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: remote password change

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 3:17 PM, pepe <plaine@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have two FreeBSD 8 servers running. Server A is for shell access and
> server B for www pages. On B there is only scp/sftp access and no shell
> login.
> Now I'm looking for solution for people to be able to change password for
> server B from inside server A. Or better yet, automatic migration of
> password so if user changes password for server A it would change in server
> B too. Are there some solutions to do this?
>
> --
> pepe

So. I did look into NIS but it seems little problematic with different UIDs
on all users in different servers. And the thing is I don't really need to
sync passwords that much. It would be enough if there is way to just change
passwords in ftp/scp server with shell access only into other server. If
there is not this kind of solution then web-application would be ok too if
there are any? NIS would be good, but seems little heavy solution since all
that I really need right now between these servers is access for some people
to change their ftp password...

--
pepe