Date:      Sat, 08 Feb 2003 09:02:35 -0600
From:      "WolfRyder" <wolfryder@qwest.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Zip Drive Backups

Well, I've progressed, moving right along. Before I set up security on my
box I thought it would be a good idea to backup some vital files (after
exploding the whole thing 3 times, you'da thought I learned earlier, eh? lol!)

I finally got the zip drive mounted and working. I figured out how to .tgz
files and manually copy them to the zip drive.

I've looked at BSDdocs, the Man pages, some how-tos,  Absolute BSD by
Michael Lucas (a very good book, btw) and even asked my network admin
spouse, but still can't figure out how to make the files go to the zip
without manually typing the command to go there
# cp [filename.tgz] [destination]
or
  # mv filename.tgz] [destination]

The instructions I found for backup were for tape backup, not zip drive.
Any suggestions? Any articles out there I missed (I'm sure there are and I
just didn't know where to look for them)? The commands for tape backup
don't work with zip drives (I tried them).

Thanks in advance,
Carol