Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 19:43:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with sendmail

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, David Kelly wrote:
> Dan Busarow writes:
> > >
> > > I suspect /usr/bin/mail and /usr/local/bin/mutt use mail.local to
> > > deliver while exmh/MH makes a network connection directly to sendmail?
> >
> > If you're making a network connection then the machine you are connecting
> > from needs to be listed in access.db or other anti-relay db of your
> > choice.
>
> Step by step instructions? Am guessing access.db is a hashed database
> file. So how is it created?

I'm not running 3.1 (that is your version right?) so I can't give
you step by step for the delivered sendmail.cf

But, if you go to www.sendmail.org and look at "Configuration Information",
"Anti-Spam Configuration Control" you'll see the available options.
Our stock sendmail will be using one of them.

I use access_db for our sendmail but the standard version may be using
one of the other db's.  For me, building the access.db is

# makemap hash /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com