Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2017 07:53:44 +0100
From:      Franco Fichtner <franco@lastsummer.de>
To:        Shawn Webb <shawn.webb@hardenedbsd.org>
Cc:        Walter Schwarzenfeld <w.schwarzenfeld@utanet.at>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make reinstall does not work

> On 9. Dec 2017, at 12:29 AM, Shawn Webb <shawn.webb@hardenedbsd.org> =
wrote:
>=20
> This is due to this commit:
> =
https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/commit/7991c49665419916210ad589d4a85fd2a7f5=
8b37
>=20
> The standard procedure for reinstall is to do a deinstall first. I
> guess it's pretty common just to issue `make reinstall` (which is what
> I used to do as well). However, that's not the originally intended
> behavior as designed in the Ports build framework.
>=20
> So: just do a `make deinstall reinstall`. It'll work that way.

That's not how the framework wants you to use it...  :)

=
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/blob/9b94ce76dcc0e7b4875d6160e0b9=
cb4894a8ecbe/Mk/bsd.port.mk#L3483-L3487

I have the same reinstall error 70 with security/suricata with
pkg 1.10.3_1, but at least pkg 1.10.1 works fine, I just double-
checked.

Cheers,
Franco=