Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:11:24 +0000
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Shawn O'Connor <soconnor@mail.e-perception.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS replies with different IP address

In message <20020226083448.B62491-100000@mail.e-perception.com>, Shawn O'Connor
 writes:
>I agree that this is a Solaris problem.  I find it disconcerting that
>the Solaris box would respond back with it's primary IP address.  I was
>just wondering if there was an easy work around.

If Solaris supports TCP NFS mounts (mount -o -T from the FreeBSD
client), then those will not suffer from this problem. It would be
relatively hard to work around the UDP mount problem from FreeBSD;
the kernel does the equivalent of connect(2) on the client socket,
so you would need to stop it from doing that, and then get it to
specify the server address explicitly when sending requests. mount_nfs
would also need to be changed so that it does not call connect(2)
either.

Ian