Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 2002 03:00:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      abhijit vaidya <sherlockabhi@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI sharing problem

--0-747158522-1015326008=:89265

hi all,

                I have two SCSI adapters ( both Symbios ) and a Seagate SCSI disk. I have shared the disk among two computers say A and B. A has disk and adapter and B has only adapter that connects via external bus to adapter card of A. The SCSI has two partitions on it. One mounted by A and other mounted by B.

                  In my application when B goes down ( sudden power failure etc) then A takes its partition via forcefull mounting and then reads the data. But now when B comes up i.e. booted again etc then it sends a SCSI bus reset signal to A because of which A is no longer able to access the mounted partition of B and the shell gets hang. Please tell me some way if any to mask reset signal from B to A.

Thaking all,

Yours Sincerely,

Abhijit Vaidya.

--0-747158522-1015326008=:89265

<P>hi all,</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have two SCSI adapters ( both Symbios ) and a&nbsp;Seagate SCSI disk. I have shared the disk among two computers say A and B. A has disk and adapter and B has only adapter that connects via external bus to adapter card&nbsp;of A.&nbsp;The SCSI has two partitions on it. One mounted by A and other mounted by B.</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In my application when B goes down ( sudden power failure etc) then A takes its partition via forcefull mounting and then reads the data. But now when B comes up i.e. booted again etc then it sends a SCSI bus reset signal to A because of which A is no longer able to access the mounted partition of B and the shell gets hang. Please tell me some way if any to mask reset signal from B to A. </P>
<P>Thaking all,</P>
<P>Yours Sincerely,</P>
Try FREE <a href="$rd_url/tag/http://mail.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Mail</a> - the world's greatest free email!
--0-747158522-1015326008=:89265--