Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:37:35 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Wilson Tam <wilson@krdl.org.sg>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: got SIGFPE exception from xlock

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Wilson Tam wrote:
> I am using 2.2.7 on a K6 machine. I got a problem on xlock, it generates
> SIGFPE exception once awhile. It is a serious problem for me because after
> the xlock core dump, my terminal become unlock and anyone can use my
> account.

I'm tempted to believe that this will only happen for selected modes in
xlock, probably a xlock bug.

A save workaround is to restrict xlock to some fixed mode via the
command-line. Worked for us here.

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/