Date:      Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:34:43 +0200
From:      brahmann <brahmann@lifec0re.net>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/Xen on CURRENT, error: ELF start or entries are out of bounds.

Hi!

On 11.03.2016 15:50, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, brahmann wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> I'm trying to run XEN on latest current as dom0.
>> Did all by manual: http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/FreeBSD_Dom0 (except compiling
>> from git, cant compile tools, so just used ports xen/xen-tools/xen-kernel)
>> And stuck with such an error:
>
> Yes, using the ports (xen-kernel/xen-tools) is the recommended way, I
> should update the wiki page in order to note this.
>
>> ---
>> (XEN) elf_xen_addr_calc_check: ERROR: ELF start or entries are out of bounds.
>> Could not set up DOM0 guest OS
>> ---
>>
>> This only drops on console while xen kernel boots, all other strings are OK
>> according to manual.
>> Link to photo of speedy console log: http://imgur.com/a5b9CLE
>> If need details pls ask.
>
> I've just noticied this issue, it's probably due to an issue with kernel
> linking. It seems like the physical address specified in the ELF program
> headers is wrong. I'm currently trying to bisect it in order to find the
> commit that caused it, in the meantime I can confirm that r295683 and
> older revisions should work fine.

Thanks for the fast reply, already has started normally on revision r295683.

> Just to confirm, can you paste the output of the following command:
>
> $ readelf -l /boot/kernel/kernel
>
> With the non-working kernel?

Sorry, but this server already re-setuped to anpther project, i've did
successful setup on other with r295683 revision.
If you still need this - i can setup on other server with latest CURRENT.

> Thanks, Roger.

Anyway, thank you for help!

With Best Regards, brahmann