Date:      Sun, 9 Aug 2009 23:11:33 -0400
From:      Josh Carroll <josh.carroll@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   VirtualBox 3 and VT-x support

Hi,

First of all, thanks to everyone involved for the terrific work in
bringing VirtualBox to FreeBSD! It's great to have a viable virtual
machine solution.

I'm currently using the virtualbox-cvs-3.0.51r22072.patch patch and
Vbox is running great for 32-bit guests on my 8.0-BETA2/amd64 system.
However, I'm interested in running some 64-bit guests, and as I have
an Intel CPU (core 2 quad 9550), I'm wondering if there is a rough
timeline for when VT-x support may be available. Both to allow for
64-bit guests as well as the (I'm guessing) performance increases by
using VT-x and of course support for > 1 CPU in the VM guest.

If there's any help I can provide as far as testing, I'd be glad to help.

Thanks!
Josh