Date:      Fri, 07 Sep 2001 22:08:51 +0100
From:      Nuno Teixeira <nuno.teixeira@pt-quorum.com>
To:        Kenneth Mays <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RC4 installs is good... (first take): RC???

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 12:53:13AM -0400, Kenneth Mays wrote:
> CONGRADS to FreeBSD...
>
> It took me about 45 minutes to configure everything and load "All" to my
> test system. I know it was about 22 minutes to load and then I had to start
> configuring X and KDE. Rebooted and all is well. I ran uname -r and go the
> "4.4-RC4". I see rc.conf and the others files in the respective places. Did
> "startx" and KDE 2.2 loads fine. I ran Kword 1.1 and checked basic setup.
> Everything is running great. Did "cc" and GCC barked at me for "no
> filename". Good!
>
> Now, I didn't put a soundcard in it yet but will do to test CD play and
> multimedia functions.
>
> Ok, I can give it a burn in overnight to see if it crashes. I'll also test
> out a few tools. So far, love the effort!
>
> Ken
> P.S. Only issue I had was that I couldn't go back during install. Like when
> I was asked for DHCP information. I couldn't go back to retry DHCP if my
> cable wasn't hooked up or any other issue. Hmmm. I'll just say the
> installation user menus and options to go back need a tweak or two.

Hello to all,

I track RELENG_4 for some time and I see a lot of people with a Release
Candidate 4.4-RC4, RC3, etc

Today I upgrade my system again with cvsup, etc and when I do a uname -r I
get 4.4-RC everytime.

Why can't my system shows what RC is running?

Thanks,

Nuno Teixeira
Dir. Técnico
pt-quorum.com