Date:      Mon, 08 Jul 1996 19:07:09 +0000
From:      Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
Cc:        tech-kern@netbsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some interesting papers on BSD ...

Here I go again... Another paper ...

   http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~chris/papers/cli.ps

Draft of paper discussing different hardware synchronization schemes
on the x86.  It discusses how to avoid talking to the PIC/8259 which
scheduling critical sections.  While it probably won't save much on
lightly loaded systems, I have to wonder how it would effect heavily
loaded systems such wcarchive.cdrom.com...

3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    http://www.3am-software.com/bio/matt.html
Westford, MA              Disclaimer: I disavow all knowledge of this message