Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:15:54 -0700
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Autofs startup scripts.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 7:14 AM, Edward Tomasz Napiera=C5=82a
<trasz@freebsd.org> wrote:
> As it is now, autofs uses three separate rc.d scripts: automount,
> automountd, and autounmountd.  They execute one utility and two deamons.
> They are all controlled by a single rc var: autofs_enable.  Question
> is: is this the right way to do it?  Would it be better to have only
> one script instead?  If I went this route, how should configuring
> command line options for each of the three executables work?

You could probably combine everything into one autofs script, since those
three scripts are very closely related.  You could have separate
automount_args, automountd_args, autounmountd_args variables for each
binary.  There is a freebsd-rc@ mailing list where you can ask for
help on this stuff, but it is a low traffic list.

--
Craig