Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:35:24 +0930 (CST)
From:      Mark Newton <newton@internode.com.au>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        newton@internode.com.au, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: matcd on an SB16

Mike Smith wrote:

 > > Is the matcd driver known to work on FreeBSD 3.2 ?  If not, does anyone
 > > have any estimate of the amount of effort that'd be required to fix it?
 >
 > It "works" for some definitions of "work".  Firstly, there are three
 > different CDROM interfaces that can be hung off an SB16; one is the
 > Matsushita drive, there's also a Mutsumi interface (I don't think we
 > support it) and a Sony interface (also, I believe, unsupported).

Ghods, you're going through some old mail!  [ and how was DEFCON, btw? :-) ]

FWIW, the guy I was talking about embarked on a network install from
another machine with a CD-ROM drive and an NFS server;  the network
install failed for slightly related reasons, having to do with the
idea the hardware in this box is generally crap.

The disappointing thing is that Linux works on it, though :-/

    - mark

----
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton@internode.com.au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton@atdot.dotat.org  (H)
Internode Systems Pty Ltd                 Desk:   +61-8-82232999