Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 18:25:55 -0600
From:      "Chris Wasser" <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        "Dirk Zoller" <duz@onlinehome.de>, "Greg Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: microuptime went backwards on Athlon

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:44:22 +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:

>On Thursday,  1 June 2000 at 11:00:09 +0200, Dirk Zoller wrote:
>> yesterday I changed my mainboard/CPU to an EPOX 7KXA and an Athlon 700.
>> Before I had an K6-2/450 and few problems (at least not the following).

Actually, I think I was one of the first people to mention this problem (search through the mailing list archives), and PHK was
gratious enough to try and help me work it out with little success however.  I also talked to Greg on IRC about it as well, and it
was my understanding it was fixed in 5.0-C .. I've since dumped all my Epox 7KXA's and went with ASUS K7V's, a much nicer
board. Greg also forwarded me a email which I think he(?) sent to Epox detailing the problem and they were less then responsive
to the suitation with comments like, "It's possible you may have received one of the few boards which might have problems, but
it's extremely unlikely" (badly paraphrased) so they don't seem real interested in fixing their broken stuff. I read elsewhere on
this mailing list that the ABIT KA7's have a similar problem, perhaps it's the KX133 chipset itself at fault. For the time being, I'm
sticking with the AMD 750/751 chipsets.