Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:59:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM (Will Andrews)
Cc:        thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se (Thomas Uhrfelt), freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, archie@whistle.com (Archie Cobbs)
Subject:   Re: skip port

Will Andrews writes:
> According to ports/9949, this program was remade as a KLD.. thus you wouldn't
> be using /dev/lkm.. (as far as I know :)
>
> Would Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com> like to take over explaining this? :)

Sure.. there are two separate things going on.

When FreeBSD switched from LKM -> KLD, the skip port broke (in -current)
and was subsequently fixed by me. That was 6 months ago or so.

More recently (in the past couple of weeks) the skip port was broken
again (again, in -current only) due to the changes to the dev_t stuff.

So as it stands now, it is broken for -current. However, it will
work for 3.2 *but* you of course must get the right version of the port.
Or you can get the head version and uncomment the BROKEN= line.

That's the information I have :-)

-Archie