Date:      Sat, 8 Jul 2017 23:14:40 -0400
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi+m@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        "Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>, "freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org" <freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to listen quietly for other Bluetooth devices?

Doesn't "inquiry" imply activity? I'd like the computer to listen passively.=
.. I assume, if a phone nearby is communicating with something (like headpho=
nes), other Bluetooth devices hear it - even if they typically ignore it. Is=
 that a valid assumption?

Can a Bluetooth dongle be placed into some sort of "promiscuous" mode instea=
d?
--=20
Sent from mobile device, please, pardon shorthand.

8 =CC=C9=D0. 2017 =D2. =CF 22:58 Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.co=
m> =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=D7(=CC=C1):