Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 2020 20:57:45 -0400
From:      Kazuo Kuroi <kazuok@projectkitsune.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Regarding FreeBSD GTK3

Hi

I am inquiring as an active FreeBSD desktop user whose been stuck on G=
TK2-based Palemoon (now deleted and obsolete) for over a year now=2E After =
conversing with a colleague of mine, I was informed that KissLinux has patc=
hes to remove dbus, which I do not want on FreeBSD, from GTK3=2E Is there a=
ny chance that you could consider making dbus an optional dependency for GT=
K3?

https://github=2Ecom/kisslinux/repo/tree/master/extra/

This has thei=
r repository information and how they build it=2E

If this is not possible =
on the GTK30 port, could you consider a gtk30-minimal?

Some of us do not w=
ant linuxisms like dbus installed on FreeBSD=2E I am separately contacting =
Firefox's maintainer for assistance=2E

I am not skilled enough to make th=
ese changes myself=2E

Best regards=2E