Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 09:49:14 -0500
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Alejandro_Ram=EDrez?= <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Spamoff" <Spambait@tampabay.rr.com>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Packages - how do you use therm

Hi

    You should do "pkg_add -v <pkgname>" to see were the binary goes, and
what is the name of the binary you should run, and then you may want to do
"man <pkgname>".

    I prefer using ports because, they are compiled in your hardware and in
your software configuration, so any program should run smoother if its
compiled in the computer that must be run.

Ales