Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:18:56 -0500
From:      Mark.Hummel@hurlburt.af.mil
To:        ekips@whack.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: cdrom

You don't have to mount audio cdroms.  In fact, you can't because the data
is formatted differently on audio cds than it is on data cds.  Just put the
audio cd in your unmounted drive  and use cdcontrol program to play it from
the command line or what ever program you use to play cds in an X window if
you use one.  I do it all the time.  Of course your cdrom device must be
configured properly in your kernel which it is since you can mount data cds.

Mark