Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:31:16 -0400
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Marwan Sultan <dead_line@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: WAN setup help.

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 03:08, Marwan Sultan wrote:
> Hello Gurus,
>
>    I have a Head Office, and have 2 Restaurants in diffrent areas,
>    I have been told that i can link them all together, WAN. them.
>
>    Can please someone explain to me how to do that? all to be as a one
> network.
>
>    I understand that I need router in each branch, including the HQ but,
> what is the router?
>    can FreeBSD configured to be this router?
>    how to link all of them Together?

There are many ways to do this, some that include using FreeBSD and even more
that don't.

I personally find that OpenVPN is easy to set up and configure and works quite
well.  It will run on FreeBSD, Windows, or other operating systems.  It makes
the most sense to use it if you already have PC's acting as routers in each
location.  Otherwise, it will likely be less expensive (both up-front and in
the long run (power savings, etc) to buy standalone devices capable of
creating VPN links.

If you decide on a specific plan that involves FreeBSD, feel free to ask for
more help getting it going.

JN