Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:46:16 +0100
From:      Ruben de Groot <mail25@bzerk.org>
To:        maykol irigoyen <maykoli@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: boot.flp

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 09:00:02PM -0300, maykol irigoyen typed:

>    I downloaded the FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE i386 and I try to install it, so
>    I tried to copy boot.flp to a 1.44MB disk but the file is too big. In
>    the installation guide says that it fits on a 1.44MB disk but the
>    thing is that the boot.flp I have is 2.810KB of size. So I try to
>    download the file from the link of the installation guide but the link
>    is broken. And I don't know what to do.
>    Please write me back with any solution.
>    Thanks

RTM:

   For most CDROM or network installations, all you need to copy onto actual
   floppies from the floppies/ directory are the kern.flp and mfsroot.flp
   images (for 1.44MB floppies). Depending on your hardware, you may also
   need to make the third drivers.flp image to provide necessary device
   drivers.