Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:06:29 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SUMMARY: GNOME startup issues

On 7/13/10 8:47 AM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:21:09 +0800
>> From: Bear <jilingshu@gmail.com>
>>
>> hi,
>> Er... A very fool question... Could you tell me the correct steps to
>> patch your patch? It seems like that I did something wrong on this...
>>

> Here is what I did (and it was probably not the correct thing):
> 1. Save patch to ck-patch
> 2. cd /usr
> 3. patch < ck-patch
> 4. mv patch-tools_ck-collect-session-info.c /usr/ports/sysutils/consolekit/files
> 5. rm patch-tools_ck-collect-session-info.c.orig
>
> Then re-build and re-install consolekit and re-boot your system.

I actually updated the patch to make it more commit-ready.  Can you try
the new version?  It's at the same URL.  For it, you just need to do:

cd /usr/ports/sysutils/consolekit/files
patch -p < /path/to/consolekit.diff

That should update one file, and create a second.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	gnome@FreeBSD.org