Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 23:35:29 +0200
From:      Eric Veraart <eric@monkey-online.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Admin user in all groups

Hello,

I manage a server for a webdesign company. For every client (domain) I
made a group, ie company.com has the group company. All users of the
client were added to that group, and all the files from the websites
were writable for that group, so everyone could make changes to the
site.
Now the webdesign company wants to log-in with one admin user and be
able to make updates to all sites, instead of keeping all the passwords
of the primary webmasters of the sites.
But now when you log-in through SSH it gives: "sshd: admin is in too
many groups, using first 16"
Anyone got a solution?

A secondairy problem is that the users were added as an anonymous user
to ProFTPd, so the can't go out of their own dir. But the sites are
under the user dirs of the primary webmasters of those sites. I tried to
symlink, but somehow Anon FTP wouldn't follow that out of their own
root.

Maybe there's one simple solution to both of the problems. I would like
to hear your comments/ideas.

Greetings,
Eric