Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 17:00:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Greg Prosser <greg@straynet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI FreeBSD audio / Yamaha on-board card.

I have a rather recent Dell desktop from the Dimension V series. (V350 to
be exact) It came with a on-motherboard sound card that is supposed to be
a member of the Yamaha DS-XG family.

I can't find a FreeBSD kernel device to add to support this PCI device in
3.4-STABLE, I have heard that 4.0-STABLE currently has PCI support for the
pcm driver, and was wondering if any of that can be moved into the 3.x
tree since I'm holding off on 4.0 considering I was told 3.5 will be
released eventually, and that the RELENG_3 tree is still being worked on
afaik.

More information is available on request.

Oh, and I'm trying to avoid using OSS as it is a non-free solution and has
panic()'d my kernel the last few times I've attempted it. I know for a
fact that OSS works, but I'm looking for a kernel option/module that I can
use instead.

/gp

PS: Thanks in advance.

              g r e g @ s t r a y n e t . c o m