Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:29:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Yann Ramin <yramin1@montereyhigh.com>
To:        Gustavo V G C Rios <kernel@tdnet.com.br>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quota

Well, lets start simply with: it shouldn\'t :)  I\'ve used Quota many times and
many different FreeBSD Releases (including 3.2-R) with no problems.  In fact the
quota code comes back from 4.4BSD and the FFS file system driver.

Make sure the following is in:
Kernel compiled with \'options QUOTA\'
fstab with the file system marked as \'userquota\' and/or \'groupquota\'
rc.conf with the line \'check_quotas=\"YES\"\'
No errors with the file systems (not a biggie, but helps) shutdown and umount
    -a, then run fsck

Also, if this is an upgraded system, make sure the upgrade was complete :)  I\'ve
seen systems which were half upgraded and simply using \'date\' caused various
prgrams to blow up.

That is all I can think of right now, hope that helps

Yann