Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2001 08:23:00 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <johann@egenetics.com>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        Noel Koethe <noel@koethe.net>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security problem mailman

Josef Karthauser on 2001-12-01 (Sat) at 23:20:46 +0000:

> On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 12:17:45AM +0100, Noel Koethe wrote:
> >
> > it would be great if the port of mailman will be updated.
>
> Have you mailed the maintainer: demon@FreeBSD.org.

I note that demon dropped maintainership of the Mailman port two days
ago.

Would there be any objections if I took over this port for the time
being?  I had an update of the port to 2.0.8 in the works, which I was
going to submit to demon.  I'm also working on several enhancements to
the port - specifically in the area of easier integration with a number
of common MTAs - which I would like to commit in the medium to long
term.

For the record, I administer a number of Mailman installations, and
therefore have an interest in keeping the port updated.

I'll also address the open PR relating to this port.

-- V