Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 95 12:49:49 -0500
From:      "Jeff Wilson" <wilson@VNET.IBM.COM>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Thinkpad 360CE

But I already have that kernel on the boot floppy you gave me.  The
installation program runs fine, but once I boot from the hard disk, it doesn't
work.  I thought the kernel gets copied from the boot floppy to the hard disk.
So, I should have the right kernel, but it still doesn't work.

If I go into the config utility (booting with -c) from the hard disk, I have
no problems in there, but once I go to the login prompt, it doesn't work.  I
THINK this means that the kernel is fine, but some configuration file that is
read on startup is changing the keymap.  Unfortunatly, I have no way of
changing it (except MAYBE by modififing sysinstall, but I'm not sure exactly
how I would have to do that.)

Jeff