Date:      Thu, 29 May 2008 20:08:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      joe park <hjjp76@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   service (torque) not starting at boot time on 7.0

Hello,

I've searched the mailing list, but it didn't help the issue I'm seeing.  I did fresh install of 7.0, downloaded latest ports.tar.gz, and installed torque (portable batch system) from ports.  Everything works fine once the deamon is running, but the services (namely, pbs_mom, pbs_server, and pbs_sched) are not started automatically when the system boots.  I can manually start them without a problem with

    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/pbs_mom start
    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/pbs_server start
    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/pbs_sched start

The /etc/rc.conf file correctly has following entries :

    pbs_mom_enable="YES"
    pbs_server_enable="YES"
    pbs_sched_enable="YES"

When I added "rc_debug="YES", I see that it's not processing any of pbs related process.

I tried adding .sh extension to the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/pbs_* scripts, chmod 755 on them (it's 555 by default), getting rid of all other entries in /etc/rc.conf except pbs entries, etc, but I cannot get them to start.  Any ideas?  I appended full content of /etc/rc.conf.

Thanks,

Joe

# Created: Thu May 22 09:25:54 2008
# Enable network daemons for user convenience.
# Please make all changes to this file, not to /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
# This file now contains just the overrides from /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
ifconfig_bge0="inet 192.168.3.97  netmask 255.255.255.0"
defaultrouter="192.168.3.2"
hostname="node001.xxx.com"
linux_enable="YES"
sshd_enable="YES"