Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:44:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
Cc:        Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Foreign characters (Mainly Norsk) on a U.S. Keyboard...

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> I don't think it's quite that simple. In my experience you definitely
> need to have a Mode_shift key to get this sort of thing to work right.

I have tried that in xkeycaps, (making the "End" Key the Mode_switch key),
but I keep getting the response back:

"This key generates the keysym Mode_switch, but no modifier bits.  This
means that this key won't do anything in most applications."

Is there anyplace in xkeycaps where I can set the modifier bits?

Thanks - Peter
(I'll probably make up a web page after all this is over, so I don't have
to go thru this ever again...) :)
---
Peter Losher   				      <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
Systems Admin. - Nominum, Inc.              PGP key available on request