Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:58:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Kulp <dkulp@neomorphic.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MBH10303 support

David Kulp writes:
 >  > On a whim I picked up a Fujitsu 'NE200C' ethernet pc-card for a
 >  > couple bucks thinking, "hmm, maybe this is an NE2000 clone".
 >  > I grabbed the name from dumpcis and threw it into my pccard.conf
 >  > as an NE2000 (ed0), but no luck.
 >  >
 >  > Part of the cis says 'MBH10303' which is similar to the MBH10302
 >  > listed in /etc/pccard.conf.sample.  So I added 'fe' to my kernel and
 >  > tried it, but still nothing.
 >  >
 >  > How do I find out what it is?  Anyone have any ideas?
 >  >

 > FWIW, Masahiro Sekiguchi (fe author) kindly replied to an email I sent
 > him.  He said that MBH10303 should work with the fe driver as far as
 > he can tell from the specs, but I should get PAO.  I'm dubious.
 > Is anyone using the fe driver with 2.2.7 and without PAO?
 >
 > If I get this to work, I'll email the list again, for the archives.

I just keep replying to myself!  I could go on and on...

The final answer:

The Fujitsu MBH10303 is supported using the fe driver and stock FBSD
2.2.7 (no PAO required).  Here's the conf for my card.  The names will
likely be different for others:

# Fujitsu MBH10303 Ethernet PCMCIA
card "EAGLE Technology" "NE200 ETHERNET LAN MBH10303  "
	config 0x1 "fe0" ?
	insert /etc/pccard_ether fe0
        remove /sbin/ifconfig fe0 delete

that's it!