Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 12:38:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Converting text files

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, G. Adam Stanislav wrote:

> The simple way is to use my program called tuc (Text to Unix Conversion),
> which can be had from ftp.whizkidtech.net/unix/ . This program converts
> files from ANY OS (not just DOS) to Unix. It also has a command line switch
> (-d) to convert Unix (or any other OS) files back to DOS.

Downloading, compiling, installing, and learning another program's syntax
is EASIERS then using two programs that already exist on the system and
have been used for a long time?

Thanks, but no thanks.

> Feel free not only to mention it in your FAQ but also to distribute it with
> FreeBSD if you wish.

Please see http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/porting.html to submit your
program as a port.

- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -