Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 00:55:10 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <alfred@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, peter@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/include search.h Makefile src/lib/libc/stdlib tdelete.c tfind.c tsearch.3 tsearch.c twalk.c Makefile.inc

* Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au> [000704 00:05] wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
>
> > [btw, SUSv2 can be found at http://www.opengroup.com, among other
> >  things]
> >
> > On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 10:19:19AM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > > part 2)
> > > repo copy the files insque.3 insque.c lsearch.3 lsearch.c and remque.c
> > > from src/lib/libcompat/4.3/ into src/lib/libc/stdlib and fixup the
> > > Makefiles.
> >
> >  SUSv2 says:
> >      insque, remque          --- stdlib.h
>
> These were deprecated long ago.  From our old man page:

We may have considered them deprecated, but doesn't the standard tell
us we should have it available?

I'm really more than open to suggestions for fixing this up, can I
get an answer that clearly states what needs to be done?

I still would like to ressurect the interfaces from libcompat, would
that be wrong considering SUSv2?

-Alfred