Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 20:27:15 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec 29160 problems (what you all want to hear eh?)

I am trying to boot 4.1.1 GENERIC from floppy. The system installs
cleanly, but come boot time all I get is something of the form

FreeBSD

F1: FreeBSD

at which point the boot process hangs with a long beep and refuses to
continue. The SCSI disk is hanging on an adaptec 29160. I have toggled
a lot of options in the bios, no dice. Anyone have any clues?
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

           He who has self-conceit in his head -
                   Do not imagine that he will ever hear the truth.