Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:38:20 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Josh Brooks <user@mail.econolodgetulsa.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail 4.6 fixed binary on 4.5-RELEASE ?

> Date:          Tue, 4 Mar 2003 02:21:41 -0800 (PST)
> From:          Josh Brooks <user@mail.econolodgetulsa.com>

Format fixed (top-posting)

> On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Toomas Aas wrote:
>
> > Sendmail "architecture" on FreeBSD changed quite drastically between
> > 4.5-RELEASE and 4.6-RELEASE (see /usr/src/UPDATING for details).
> > I think that for this reason the binary update is not quite drop-in on
> > 4.5, but I'm really no expert.

> Then why don't they have a section in the SA that deals with 4.5 ?

Probably because if they would then someone would come and ask why they don't
have information about 4.4. And then about 4.3. And then... and then...
and then... down to and including 1.0 :-)

For official word, see http://www.freebsd.org/security/#adv

--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* A woman's husband's previous wife is called her 'wife-in-law.'